13th Int. Conference on Gas–Liquid and Gas–Liquid–Solid Reactor Engineering (GLS-13)
Crowne Plaza, Brussels, Belgium from 20-23 August 2017
Aim and scope
The biennial conference aims at bringing together top-class researchers and engineers interested in all aspects of multiphase reactors and processes, to serve as a platform to exchange updated interests and results. The focus will be given on:
- Scientific principles behind gas-liquid and gas-liquid-solid reactors,
- Gas-liquid and gas-liquid-solid devices,
- Applications of gas-liquid and gas-liquid-solid reactors, with a special emphasis on bioreactors.
A special issue of the top-rated journal Chemical Engineering Science (CES) will be released for the conference. This special issue aims at providing an overview of up-to-date research in the field of multiphase reactors and processes. Participants who intend to submit a paper for this special issue must first submit an abstract to the conference, between 1 December 2015 and 31 January 2016. The full manuscript submission on Elsevier website will be opened between 1 March 2016 and 9 September 2016. Works accepted for publication in CES will be automatically proposed as oral communications.
Participants who do not intend to submit a paper for the special issue of CES, are asked to submit their abstract in a second round between 1 December 2016 and 31 January 2017. Oral communications will also be selected among abstracts submitted during this second round.
Topics to be discussed at GLS-13 include:
1. Gas-liquid and gas-liquid solid transport phenomena
2. Heat and mass transfer in multiphase systems
3. Multiphase computational fluid dynamics and multi-scale modelling in multiphase chemical reactors
4. Reaction mechanism, kinetics, new chemical and biochemical routes
5. Reactor modelling, dynamics, control and scale-up
6. Conventional multiphase reactors: packed and trickle beds, bubble columns, three phase slurry and fluidized bed reactors, stirred tank reactors
7. Metrology, advanced measurement and flow visualization techniques for multiphase systems
8. Bioreactors and bioengineering
9. Microfluidic reactors and interfacial engineering
10. Non-conventional and innovative reactor, novel reactor configurations
11. Process intensification in multiphase reactors
12. Green chemistry, renewable energy, chemicals from biomass and issues related to CO2
13. Gas and water treatment, pollution abatement and control
14. Applications in biotechnology, biochemical, environmental, chemical, agrochemical and hydrocarbon process
15. Advances made in processes, technologies and applications in material fuel and alternative fuel, mineralogy and process metallurgy
16. How to manage PhD students?
17. How to integrate our research in problem-based learning activities for students?
For more information, go to http://www.gls13.com/